Father's Day Weekend & 101

In the past, we've given Chris a card and/or gift for Father's Day and spent quality time together as a family, of course. This Father's Day, we wanted to make it extra special for him and show our appreciation for all he's done for our family. I can't imagine how tough it is for him to be away from his babygirl - being that he works in DC and has a job that's 80% travel. On top of this, Chris has always been there to take care of us.

So, Friday night, before he came home, I had the house spotless and a bubble bath with candlelight & jazz music ready for him. I was originally going to make a bubble bath for Saturday night plans, but Paris wanted to be apart of setting up the bubble bath. :) Saturday, while Chris went to the beach (& caught a wave surfing, might I add) and my sister watched Paris, I accomplished # 66) Prepare a 3 course meal for Chris off my 101. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pix, but they were in plastic containers anyway. :P For appetizers, I made him stuffed mushrooms, the main dish was Szechuan Beef & Broccoli, and dessert was chocolate covered strawberries. yummy! why in plastic containers? because we had reservations to stay at a hotel at the oceanfront & I brought our meal there. it was like our little romantic getaway. we took a late night stroll on the boardwalk and beach...it was nice spending time together, just the 2 of us...

on that note, I also accomplished another of my 101s! # 73) (private). let's just say I put what I learned at Studio Rio to use. ;) and I guess you can say I started # 67) Give Chris a massage once a month for a year (1/12) because I gave him a massage that night as well.

Sunday, Sheila dropped Paris off, and we kept our Father's Day family tradition going by attending the Annual Boardwalk Art Show. we've always enjoyed looking at the different art and hopefully, one year, we'll get to actually buy something.

and that's what wrapped up our weekend. Chris said it was his best Father's Day ever, which I'm happy about 'cuz he deserved it. Here is a little video I made for him since Paris wrote him a song for this special occasion.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww that's a sweet video! Brought a tear to my eye! :p

Laur said...

Awww that was soo cute!

rowski said...

OMG SOOOOO SWEET! Aren't father daughter moments the cutest :)

Anonymous said...

loved this post Pam! As much as you write about how much Chris does for you guys, I have to say he's quite a lucky guy to have you both in his life. Everyone wins! :) We getting together next time you're up here?

KCB said...

I heard about the plans. :) So cool! What a great idea to premake the food and bring it to the hotel! I'll have to remember that one. And love the video. *kudos*